X11 currencies are gaining more and more popularity.
Compared with the size of Ibelink and Pinidea, the BAIKAL mini X11 miner is much smaller, nearly palm-sized, with only 40w of power consumption, yet the hash speed of this miner can get up to 150MH/s. By contrast, the Ibelink 384MH/s DASH miner, its power consumption goes as high as 700w.
The BAIKAL team has been keeping a low profile. The head of the team says since as early as 2013 when graphic cards were used for mining, they have been involved in the industry, experiencing the ups and downs of the industry and have been gradually expanding their team.
Through constant exploration of the FPGA, they successively developed mining machines for algorithms such as LTC and DASH. But due to a variety of reasons, in early stages, they didn’t promote their products vastly. And this time, for the release of miners for BAIKAL X11 algorithm, even thought they still kept a low profile, the product is more known.
The BAIKAL Mini chips are of 40 nm, to achieve a hash speed of 150 mh/s, 4 chips are required.
|Brand||Baikal Mini X11 Miner|
|Hash Rate||150 MH/s ± 5%|
|Fan||1 x fan (7cm x 7cm)|
|PSU||NO integrated PSU, need a 12V5A switch power adapter|
- This is how you will receive the miner from EastShore.
- The miner is set in the foam, meticulously packed, it will be well protected during the delivery.
- The miner itself.
- Very small size with a dimension of: 14cm x 10cm x 9cm
- Comparison with the PinIdea Dr2 450MH miner:
- There are acrylic panels on the top and bottom of the miner, and with some copper columns for support.
- The top of it is a 7cm*7cm fan to dissipate heat.
- It has a large aluminum heat sink for the heat dissipation.
- It has an Orange Pi as the controller (The Orange Pi is just like Raspberry Pi, which is an open source single board computer). The Orange Pi is connected to PCB by GPIOport.
- The PCB of the miner has separate DC power port and IO switch.
- In addition, the PCB has ports for input and output, two ports for data.
- According to the BAIKAL team, an Orange Pi can take 6 BAIKAL mini x11 Miner work at the same time and reach a total speed of 900MH/s.
- At the same time, we also noticed that there are 2 jumper wire terminals on the PCB. According to the BAIKAL team, they are for online firmware upgrade (and usually won’t be needed ).
- The “6pin to DC” convert cable sent for free.
- For instance, using the 1600w Antminer PSU for the miner (via the 6pin to DC convert cable). Of courser, you can simply use a 12V5A power adapter for the miner.
- Test screenshot
- Speed chart from the mining pool (The 205.61MH hash rate should be measurement error )
- After long-time operating: the mining speed is very stable (speed line is almost a straight line)
- Test for power consumption and noise
- Test video from EastShore: https://youtu.be/TvRfskSVrlc
X11 miner has experienced its ups and downs along with the value fluctuations of DASH coins.
After the 2 previous models of X11 algorithm miners were released in the DASH’s official BBS, the release of Baikal miners undoubtedly has drawn a lot of attention.
Predictably, with its mini size, much lower power consumption, and easy settings, it will be embraced by many DASH mining workers.