As a miner with multiple algorithms, Baikal Giant-A900 can support six kinds of algorithms (X11, X13, X14, X15, Quark, Qubit) with the main features of high hashrate and low power consumption.
Official parameters of Baikal Giant-A900 miner (hereinafter referred to as A900):
|X11||900 MH/s ± 10%||217w ± 5%|
|X13||900 MH/s ± 10%||255w ± 5%|
|X14||900 MH/s ± 10%||263w ± 5%|
|X15||900 MH/s ± 10%||270w ± 5%|
|Quark||900 MH/s ± 10%||132w ± 5%|
|Qubit||900 MH/s ± 10%||146w ± 5%|
Based on the data, we can see that the ratio of hashrate and power consumption of ASIC miners has been increased by dozens of times compared with GPU miners. (The table of known data is shown as follows with slight deviations based on different brands of video card).
Now, EastShore will bring you the latest evaluation as follows.
A900 miner is packed in five-layer industrial carton and wrapped with double hard foam boards.
A miner inside with controller. The blue logo of manufacturer is on the lower left side.
The controller is located on the miner, being powered by the hashboard.
The two hashboards are connected by a cascade cable, then access to the controller through the USB cable.
Lateral side of the miner.
On the front side there are network cable interface and a 12cm cooling fan. A single cooling fan is designed for the heat dissipation and the air inlet is located on this side.
On the rear side we can see that the miner consists of two hashboards (12 chips on each) and there are PCI-E 8pin power interfaces on the top and the bottom respectively as well as the protective mesh.
It should be noted that the alloy fins with wavy lines are adopted for better heat dissipation within the same unit area.
Physical parameters of the miner is shown as below:
Installation and Configuration
The installation and configuration of A900 miner are complicated. Pease refer to the Tutorial: Baikal Giant-A900 X11 Miner 900MH @ 217w Dash Miner for details.
The test uses SUPER FLOWER 500W power supply, whose conversion rate is close to the 80PLUS GOLD. The indoor noise in this test is about 39dBa and the indoor temperature is about 25℃.
The hashrate curve is stable with good overall performance for X11 mining, the average hashrate is between 910M and 930M.
The tested power is 215w when the average hashrate is about 910M.
In terms of noise, the measured noise about 20cm away from the miner is about 65dBa.
The measured noise about one meter away from the miner is about 58.6dBa.
In terms of temperature, the tested chip temperature on mining status page is 33℃ and the tested temperature at the air inlet is about 25.3℃.
The tested temperature at the air outlet is about 28.6℃.
The tested temperature at the cooling fin is about 28.8℃.
- With extremely good performance, Baikal Giant-A900 supports up to six algorithms, which is the high-hashrate miner capable of the most algorithms so far with perfect ratio of hashrate and power consumption. Compared with the GPU miners supporting 6 algorithms nowadays, the ratio of hashrate and power consumption has been increased by dozens of times, which greatly reduces the mining cost.
- After long term of operation, the hashrate curve is stable with good overall performance. In stable mining pool and network conditions, the average hashrate is between 910M and 930M.
- Due to good heat dissipation, the temperature difference between the inlet and outlet is very small, and the wave design of cooling fin increases the unit heat dissipation area.
- A little noisy and the noise sounds a little dull (not sharp). The mining workers with DIY capability can replace it with a low-noise and high-volume cooling fan. However, there may be little effect on performance.
- The interface on configuration page is intuitive and convenient with multiple functions.
- The automatic algorithm switching function realizes the maximum profit of the customer in the multipool, so that they will not worry about the algorithm selection any longer.
Ⅰ. Actual power consumption of A900 miner with other algorithms:
- When hashrate is 900M with Qubit algorithm, the tested power is 140w.
- When hashrate is 900M with Quark algorithm, the tested power is 125w.
- When hashrate is 900M with X15 algorithm, the tested power is 262w.
- When hashrate is 900M with X13 algorithm, the tested power is 256w.
Ⅱ. Background Knowledge about Dash: Dash: The Complete Guide