Being established in 2006, Innosilicon owns 12 years of experience in IP/IC development and design. Recently, it shifts the focus to the development of cryptocurrency mining devices and has introduced multiple types of ASIC miners based on the algorithms of SHA256, Scrypt, X11, CryptoNight, Blake256, Blake2B, Equihash and CryptoNight. The machines have covered the algorithms of the mainstream cryptocurrencies.
INNOSILICON introduced and started shipment of model T2T-32T, a very good tool for bitcoin mining, in early September, 2018. EastShore will review this product in the following part.
Parameters of INNOSILICON T2T-32T
|Hashrate||32TH/s (+/-5%) @ SHA256|
|Power consumption||2200w (+/- 10%)|
|Efficiency ratio||69w / TH|
|Size||460mm* 160mm* 236mm|
|Notes||Built-in ASIC Boost function|
External Appearance of INNOSILICON T2T-32T
The first impression of Innosilicon T2T-32T miner is: weighty. Due to package size of 580*340*240mm and overall weight of 15.65kg, it’s slightly larger than other mainstream miners in the market nowadays. The miner is packed in industrial carton with the model “Innosilicon T2T-32T” as well as logistics and storage labels marked outside.
Taking out the miner, we can see that the T2T-32T miner adopts the all-in-one design to integrate power supply and the miner together. The overall size is 460*236*160mm and the net weight is 14.2kg.
The miner is casted with aluminum, so it’s firm and compact with good heat dissipation. It adopts 14cm dual-fan designed to provide good heat dissipation.
The model and ID bar code are labelled on the miner. The power specification, miner size, IP address acquisition, login user name and password as well as concise precautions, etc are presented.
The interface side of the miner controller is integrated with TF card slot, IP Set button, Ethernet interface and indicator of restart button. The functions are as follows:
- IP Set button:
- Press 1-4 seconds, (1) Display the miner’s IP in the tool “IP Setting”; (2) Change the miner to static IP mode and change the IP to the range set in the tool “IP Setting”.
- Press and hold for 4-15 seconds, the miner will become DHCP to obtain IP address, and the miner settings will be restored to default values.
- Press and hold for more than 20 seconds to switch the dynamic (static) IP to static (dynamic).
- Reset button: reset the miner
- Error indicator: LED is lit to show network is not connected.
- Status indicator: constant shine indicates static IP mode; flashing indicates dynamic IP mode.
The integrated power supply has a switch for the sake of convenient control. The miner and power supply are connected by metal sheets. There are two power interfaces on control board: the 4pin interface supplies power for control board and the 6pin interface supplies power for two cooling fans. The hashboard and controller are connected by flat cable.
No power information is indicated on the power supply. According to the official website, the rated power is 2200W and the power efficiency is ≥93%.
A 3 x 1.5mm power cords is provided, the weight is 230g.
Remove the control board we can see the connection of power connection pieces, which are fixed together by spring screws to provide reliable power for the miner.
Remove the power supply and we can see the main connecting cables. The fan at air outlet is connected to the control board by crossing below the power supply. The flat cable of hashboard cannot be removed until the cooling fan is removed.
The miner consists of three hashboards. The oblique-designed heat sink on the side of air inlet reduces the wind resistance and increases the air intake to improve heat dissipation efficiency.
The miner adopts two 12V-14cm-4.5A six-core PWM fans for heat dissipation. Compared with the 12cm fans on other miners, it has less power consumption but bigger sizes. Two fans are equipped with metal protection covers in factory.
Warranty and fragile warning signs are posted on the bottom of the miner. The manufacturer specially installs two non-slip mats on the bottom to enforce the miner stability after being installed.
Miner control board and interfaces
INNOSILICON T2T-32T Setting-up and Test
The installation is relatively simple, just plug in power supply and network cable. Please refer to official manual for detailed installation and setting procedures: http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/api/download.php?url=T2T-32T-BTC-Master-Manual-en.pdf
Note: since the wall power consumption has exceeded 1800W, it is necessary to notice whether the power cable meets the requirements. The cable diameter should not be smaller than the international standard of 1.5mm.
When the miner is running normally, the mining data will be displayed on the homepage.
INNOSILICON T2T-32T Performance Test
The environment temperature is about 17℃. When power-on, standby power consumption is about 33.5W and the startup noise is 79dB.
INNOSILICON T2T-32T has 4 built-in mining modes. Under normal operation, the fan speed will remain at 30% of the full speed and the noise level will be 77-80dB. After reaching the preset temperature warning value, the fan starts to run at a high speed up to 100%, and the noise level is 88-91dB. After one cycle of 3-5 minutes, the difference of power consumption will be about 100W while the difference of noise in each mode is not so obvious.
Temperature values will vary in different modes. The temperature at air outlet changes between 51℃ and 70℃ from Efficiency Mode to Performance Mode.
Comparison of built-in preset mining modes
Innosilicon presets four mining modes for the T2T-32T miner, which allows the miner to operate in four modes of Efficiency, Balanced, Factory and Performance. It is simple and convenient. The mining farm can choose accordingly, and then click “Save” to save it.
Efficiency Mode: The miner operates in low power consumption and low hashrate mode. Temperature warning value is 55℃ and the average hashrate is 27.9T. The overall power consumption is 1940-2037W and the power consumption ratio is about 69.5-73W/T.
Balanced Mode: The recommended mode for balanced hashrate and power consumption. Temperature warning value is 60℃ and the average hashrate is 29.5T. The overall power consumption is 2204-2265W and the power consumption ratio is about 74.7-76.7W/T.
Factory Mode: The default setting mode. Temperature warning value is 65℃ and the average hashrate is 31.6T. The overall power consumption is 2217-2350W and the power consumption ratio is about 70.2-74.3W/T.
Performance Mode: The mode of high hashrate and power consumption. The system will prompt warning: You are going to turn the miner into overclocking mode, which will result in considerably high-power consumption. Please make sure that your power supply capability is enough and the cable could afford the currency load. Temperature warning value is 70℃ and the average hashrate is 33.8T. The overall power consumption is 2370-2512W and the power consumption ratio is about 70.1-74.3W/T.
Pull the mode bar to the far right to modify miner mode into “Performance+”, which can realize the miner overclocking. However, it has certain demands on power supply. Proper overclocking can be conducted so long as the power supply has no protection mechanism.
Performance+ Mode: The system will also prompt warning: You are going to turn the miner into overclocking mode, which will result in considerably high-power consumption. Please make sure that your power supply capability is enough and the cable could afford the currency load. In this mode, the miner will automatically adjust to the best frequency in the first half hour. Single hashboard will fluctuate between 7.7T and 11.8T, the maximum hashrate can be 34.8T and get stable at 34T half an hour later. The power consumption is 2450-2602W, temperature warning value is 72℃. The power consumption ration then is 71.8-76.3W/T.
Comparison of five built-in mining modes
Summary for INNOSILICON T2T-32T
- The INNOSILICON T2T-32T miner adopts all-in-one design with good control on casing temperature, convenient maintenance in mining farms and improved efficiency, although its size and weight are larger than that of other miners. Moreover, the noise level is also a little high;
- Four built-in mining modes can be switched to meet different demands and control power consumption. The hashrate of each mode is 2T higher than the previous one. The Performance Mode after overclocking has certain demands on power supply and cables. Proper overclocking can be conducted so long as the power supply has no protection mechanism. The maximum hashrate of the whole miner can reach 34TH/s;
- Both fans in the front and the rear are equipped with metal covers and non-slip mats on the bottom to ensure safety during mining process;
- The hashrate of whole miner conforms to official parameter. The lowest power consumption ratio is 69.5W/T and the hashrate is 27.5TH/s. According to 24-hour test and short overclocking test in 4 modes, the hashrate curves received by the pool are stable;
- The main parameters of miner operation are displayed graphically on the mining status page. The real-time values of three hashboards are displayed separately and the mining status is very clear.