In September 2018, cryptocurrency hardware manufacturer Canaan announced a novel product-a mining heater. According to official specifications: the product with the model name A851H, has a hash speed of 14.5TH/S@1450w/h, the efficiency ratio is 100w/T and it integrates 104 A3210M chips of 16nm.
In this review we will show as many details as possible.
|Brand||Canaan Mining Heater|
|Average Hashspeed(24H)||14.8 TH/s|
|Chip||16nm A3210M x 104|
|Air Output Velocity||2.3 M/s|
- This is how you will receive the product.
- Accessories are in the 2 small boxes
- Careful packaging
- This is how the heater looks.
- Back of the heater. The mining part and power supply is set at the bottom
- An AUC cable prepared for connecting AUC and raspberry Pi
- On both sides of the heater, there are water input and power input ports
- In one of the accessories boxes, there are: 1 AUC, 1 raspberry Pi, 1 USB cable, 1 USD adapter and the manual.
- In another box, there are: 1 power cable, 2 bottom braces, 4 screws, 1 funnel and 1 PTFE seal tape
- The mining controller is Raspberry Pi 3, and a power adapter of 5V 2A included.
- Install the bottom braces
- Take out the plug on the input. Wrap the mouth of the funnel with the PTFE tape and install the funnel.
- Connect AUC3 to the AUC cable on the back of the heater.
- Use the USD cable to connect the AUC3 to the raspberry Pi.
- Use the USB cable to connect the power adapter and the raspberry Pi.
- Connect the Ethernet cord to the raspberry Pi.
- Connect the power cable. Please note the specification of the power cable is 16A.
- Input purified water into the heater. The amount of water needed is around 2000ML.
- The default IP of the raspberry Pi is 192.168.0.100. You need to modify your router’s network section to 192.168.0.X (X stands for a number in the range of 0-255)
- Connect the heater to your router. Then, in your browser, enter 192.168.0.100 to the management page. Defaultly, no password required.
- On the page of Status／CGMiner Configuration to change the pool, work info, etc.
- On the page of Status／CGMiner Status, you can check the performance of the miner.
- On the page of Network／Interfaces／Edit, you could modify the IP to DHCP to gain the IP address. Please note, the network modify is not required. After the network modified, you need to rescan the IP address of the heater by following this tutorial: https://www.eastshore.xyz/how-to-scan-out-the-configuration-ip-address-of-the-miner/
- Under the room temperature of 18℃, before the miner start working, the power consumption is around 32w, noise 61dB.
- In about 5 minutes, the miner starts working and generating heat. The temperature around the heater raises to 32℃.
- Power consumption is at a range of 1670 – 1690W
- Noise level around 60dB, from 1 meter away noise level is around 50dB.
- Air output velocity is 2.3m/s.
- After working for 6 hours, in the F2pool, it shows the hash rate of the product is 14.8TH.
The product has the following features:
- Avoids heat waste while mining.
- Water circulation increases humidity in the room.
- Noise level contained at relatively lower level than regular miners.
- No other tool needed to install.