Mining devices manufacturer Whatsminer has just released a new model named D1 for Decred mining. Whatsminer DCR is ASIC miner for Blake(14r) Algorithm , it can mine Decred (DCR) at hashrate of 44Th/s(+-6%), Power consumption is 2200w(+-10%).
About DCR currency
Decred is a multi-platform digital currency with support for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Easy-to-use wallet apps enable sending, receiving, and mining Decred with just a few clicks.
Some Details & Currently Network Status
|Token amount||21 million|
|Launched in||February 2016|
|Difficulty adjust||Every 144 blocks|
|Currency listed on||Binance, Okex, ShapeShift etc.|
|Hash rate||44TH/s ± 5%|
|Chip||16nm FinFET Compact|
|PCB board quantity||3|
|Efficiency ratio||50W/TH ± 10%|
|Size||385mm(L) x 155mm(W) x 239mm(H)|
- This is how you will receive the product
- Label on the box
- Power cable included. Specifications: 3*1.5mm, 10A
- This is how the miner looks
- The power supply is built on the miner.
- Power supply specifications: 2250W，12.5V*180A, 12V*10A; fans: 6.4A
- Ports on the miner
- When disassembled as in the following picture, we can see the 3 hash boards. Each board has 70 QA5100 chips.
- Disassembled miner (Please note, disassembling will void the warranty)
- The controller
- Find the IP address of the miner. Refer to link here: https://www.eastshore.xyz/how-to-scan-out-the-configuration-ip-address-of-the-miner/
- Log on the miner’s configuration page: Enter the miner’s IP in your browser to log on, default user’s name and password are both: admin
- Miner status page
Change the pool and worker info
- Step1: Click “Configuration\CGMiner Configuration Logout”, “pool 1”. To take f2pool as an example: stratum+tcp://dcr.f2pool.com:5730
- Step 2: Change worker info. F2pool supports mining without registering account in the pool. You can use your DCR wallet address as the worker name to mine in the pool.
- Step 3: Change the password as needed
- Step 4: Change the backup pool address as needed.
- Step 5: Change the IP address (for farm mining, no need to do this step for smaller quantity of miners). Click “Configuration/Interfaces” to enter the page, click “Edit” to set the IP as static IP.
- Step 6: After above changes made, click “Status/CGMiner Status” to go back to the status home page, and click “Restart CGMiner”
- After turning on, before it starts working, the power consumption is 28w, noise level 77dB, room temperature nearly 20℃
- After working for 10 minutes, the noise level raises to around 80 dB, power consumption 2120w.
- Temperature at air input is around 20℃, and 35℃ at air output
- Temperature of the miner: air input side 21.4℃；body：40℃；end: 33℃；air output side 60℃
- Air velocity at the air output is 7.4m/s
- Hash speed in f2pool is 48TH/s
- 24 hour profit in f2pool: 1.135DCR（on 2018/11/30）.
- Status page of working 24 hours, chip temperature is around 70℃
- Built-on power supply makes it easier to install.
- It is the most powerful DCR miner at the moment. And power efficiency is kept as low as 45W/T.
- Performance is steady.