The Antminer R4 is a quiet bitcoin miner. Producing a sound that’s usually less than 52dB, the R4 manages to deliver a monstrous hash rate of 8.0TH/s with a sound level unseen since the existence of 1TH/s bitcoin miners.
This tutorial will introduce the setting-up of the Antminer R4.
- Brand: Antminer R4
- Model: 8.0 TH/s @ 800w; 7.0 TH/s @ 700w
- Fan: 1 x fan
- PSU: NO PSU. NEED a PSU > 900w with 6pin x 7
- PSU Recommend: 1000w PSU
- Get your PSU ready. You need to prepare a PSU > 900w with 6pin x 7 for the miner. If you bought the 1000w PSU in our site, check here for the setting-up of this PSU.
- For the miner configuration, please connect the miner to the LAN port on the same router which your computer is also connected to. The miner is stand-alone, your computer is just needed for the miner configuration.
- This is the miner you will receive.
- Please check if all the cables on the miner to make sure they are inserted tightly.
- Connecting the miner to your PSU via the 6pin ports on the miner.
- There are SEVEN 6pin ports on the miner. All the five 6pin ports are needed. You need to connect all the 6pin ports to your PSU. (Don’t forget to connect the 6pin port on the little green controller board)
- Pay attention to how to put the miner. The BLUE section in the following picture is the air inlet, the RED section is the air outlet. DON’T block the outlet and inlet of the miner.
- Insert the ethernet cord.
- Then the connection done.
Please refer to Tutorial: General Mining Guide & TroubleShoot for Antminer Models for miner setting-up.