This tutorial is intended for the Antminer Z11 which is a zcash miner manufactured by BITMAIN for Equihash mining. All crypto coins based on the Equihash algorithm are supported including Zcash. It hits a hashrate of 135k Sol/s with a power consumption of 1418w for Equihash mining. It is a pioneer product for Zcash mining.
|Hash Rate||135K Sol/s ± 5%|
|Power Consumption||1418w ± 8%|
|Power Supply||No PSU.|
|PSU Recommended||Antminer APW7 1800w|
First of all, some knowlege about the Equihash algorithm, currency Zcash, and zcash mining pools would be helpful.
You need to choose one of the mining pools and create a mining worker in that pool. Also, it is recommended that you have a look at the “Help” section of your mining pool. Below are some useful sources for zcash mining:
- Zcash official site: https://z.cash/
- Zcash white paper: https://whitepaperdatabase.com/zcash-zec-whitepaper/
- Antpool: https://antpool.com/
In our tutorial, we are using the Antpool as our test pool.
- Get your PSU ready. You need to prepare a PSU > 1500w with 6pin x 10 for the miner. Antminer APW7 1800w power supply recommend.
- For the miner configuration, connect the miner to the LAN port on the same router which your computer is also connected to. The miner is stand-alone, your computer is just needed for the miner configuration.
- This is how you will receive the Antminer Z11 from EastShore.
- At present, the Antminer Z11 comes in two different looks. One is the same with the typical Antminer series, as shown in the following picture.
- The other comes with a protective metal cover, as shown in the following picture.
- For the second type of look, there is a metal button on the protective cover (as indicated in the picture below). By pressing the button, the metal cover can be slided to one side.
- Check all the cables and make sure they are plugged properly and tightly.
- Connect the miner to your PSU via the 6pin ports on the miner. There are TEN 6PIN ports on the miner (3 ports on each hashing boards, and another one on the controller). All the TEN 6PIN ports on the miner should be connected.
- Connect the ethernet cord and the power cord.
- Miner connection DONE.
Please refer to Tutorial: General Mining Guide & TroubleShoot for Antminer Models for miner setting-up.
Please refer to Tutorial: General Mining Guide & TroubleShoot for Antminer Models for miner troubleshooting.