Innosilicon has recently released several models of T2T series bitcoin miners in the market: such as T2T+, T2TZ, T2TZS, T2TH, T2THS and T2THU, which can be divided into SI and SII according to different production batches. The model for trial experience today is the latest bitcoin miner Innosilicon T2THU-30T.
Innosilicon T2THU-30T adopts the dual-cylinder vertical design with integrated power supply, which is different from the single-cylinder design of its twin model T2T-32T.
The power integration has also changed from the backpack type to the side-mounted type. Nowadays, it has been widely adopted by so many miner manufacturers that the side-mounted type seems to be the popular element of ASIC miners.
The T2THU-30T adopts the heat dissipation of dual fans on single side, which can shorten the air duct to expedite the heat dissipation.
On the side of the miner were posted the nameplate with product name and model, the IP address acquisition method, the login name and password as well as the precautions for users.
The control panel adopts the conventional design, including the SD slot, IP set, Ethernet port, reset button and status indicator.
The operation and function of IPset button are as follows and reasonable operation will ensure convenient maintenance:
- Press and hold the IPset button for 1-4 seconds
- Send the miner’s IP to the “SetIP” tool;
- Use “SetIP” tool to set static IP within the specified range.
- Press and hold the IPset button for 4-15 seconds, the static IP will be changed to dynamic IP, and the pool settings will be restored to the default values.
- Press and hold the IPset button for more than 15 seconds to switch the miner IP to static IP and restore the IP address to the default value: 192.168.1.254.
Operation and function of Reset button: Press reset to restart the miner. Press and hold for 5-10 seconds to resume to default settings.
The 6pin interface will provide power for the control board and fan. The control board and the hashboard are connected by a flat cable.
There’s a voltage regulating cable connecting the power supply and the control board. The mining workers can select the appropriate modes for miner operations, such as low energy, balanced, factory (default) and high hash.
The power supply with integrated design carries no label to indicate the rated power. The power supply is L-shaped and the cable terminals are arranged in the L-shaped space.
10A plug is adopted so that it’s suitable for the traditional farms without socket modification. The power supply is installed with the switch, which is very convenient for control.
Metal connection is adopted between the power supply and the hashboard, so there’s the risk of short circuit for the naked metal parts during operation.
The intimate design should be anti-slip mat under the miner. Careful mining workers may find that the mounting process should be completely different if there’s anti-slip mat installed.
After nearly 40 minutes of trial experience by the EastShore, the hashrate shown on the configuration page is 30.59T.
During normal operation, the noise level is 81dBs, the overall power consumption is 2469W and the 24-hour hash received by the pool is 30.4T, so the power consumption ratio of T2THU-30T is calculated as 81.2W/T.
The T2THU-30T adopts the 10A materials and the measured cable temperature is up to 41.5℃. The temperature on the contacting area between the plug and the socket is slightly higher.
The first SHA256 algorithm miner(T2 series) of the Innosilicon is currently on sale and has received a lot of attention due to its high performance and best energy efficiency. For the Innosilicon T2THU we tested this time:
- After a long period of running in the Bitcoin mining pool btc.com, an average hashrate is 30.4TH/s, and the hashrate curve was stable without large fluctuations.
- Power consumption: at the default frequency, the power consumption is about 2469w.
- Temperature: Due to the short design of the air duct and the large air volume of the dual cooling fan, the temperature of the Innosilicon T2THU is normal, and the temperature difference between the front and the back is not large. The excellent performance of the temperature contributes to the stability of the mining machine.
- In terms of noise, the Innosilicon T2THU has a noise of about 81 decibels during normal operation. Overall, this level of noise is average in high-hashrate mining machines. The Innosilicon T2THU is satisfactory in terms of noise
- The mining machine is designed with hardware and software stability in mind and is easy to use. The stability of the Innosilicon T2THU is quite good.