Sometimes, your miner may stop mining because of firmware issue of the controller. In that case, you can fix the issue by upgrading the firmware. And also in some other cases, you may want to upgrade the firmware of your miner to the latest version so that your miner can get a better performance.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to upgrade the firmware of a bitcoin miner.
We will take the Antminer S7 as an example, but the steps should apply to other Antminers as well.
Download the firmware you need first: https://service.bitmain.com/support/download
The firmware you downloaded should be a “.tar.gz” file. DON’T unzip it, use directly the “.tar.gz” file when you upgrade the firmware of the miner in the following tutorial.
- Download the proper firmware.
- Power on the miner, wait for a while.
- Navigate to “System” –> “Upgrade” page.
- Click the button as shown in the red circle.
- Select the firmware you just downloaded. DON’T unzip the “.tar.gz” file, just select the whole “.tar.gz” file.
- Don’t select the “Keep settings” option, click “Flash image” to upgrade.
- Then click “Yes” in the popup.
- Wait for 1~3 minutes for the firmware to upgrade.
- Then the system will lead you to the “System Upgrade Succeeded” page, you can see the status is “Rebooting system“.
- Important: Don’t power off the miner or take out the ethernet cord during the firmware upgrade process.
- Wait for 1~3 minutes for the system rebooting.
- Then firmware upgrade done. Please navigate to the “Miner Configuration” page to configure the miner again.