Sometimes, your bitcoin miner may stop mining because of the damage of the firmware inside the controller. In that case, you can upgrade the firmware of your miner to fix it. And also for some cases, you may want to upgrade the firmware of your miner to the latest version so that your miner can get a better performance.
In this tutorial, we will introduce you how to upgrade the firmware of a bitcoin miner.
We will take the Antminer S7 as an example, but most of this tutorial introduced here should apply to other bitcoin miners as well.
Below is a firmware list for most of the popular bitcoin miners. Please download the firmware you needed.
|Antminer S7||One fan: S7-20160523-700M-1fan-6000.tar.gz|
|Two fan: S7-20160523-700M-2fan-4320.tar.gz|
|Antminer S9||11.85 TH/s: S9-201607131442-11.85T-550M-security.tar.gz|
- Download the proper firmware.
- Power on the miner, wait for a while until the hashing started. (There is speed shown on the “Miner Status” page)
- Navigating to “System” –> “Upgrade” page.
- Clicking the button in the red circle.
- Selecting the firmware you just download.
- Don’t select the “Keep settings” option, then clicking “Flash image” to upgrade.
- Then click “Yes” in the popup.
- Waiting for 1~3 minutes for the firmware upgrade.
- Then the system will lead you to the “System Upgrade Succeeded” page, you can see the status is “Rebooting system“.
- Important: Don’t power off the miner or plug out the ethernet cord during the firmware upgrade process.
- Waiting for 1~3 minutes for the system rebooting.
- Then upgrade firmware done. Please navigate to the “Miner Configuration” page to configure the miner again.